Tendon Changing Classic
1) The Author of Tendon Changing Classic The historical drawing of grand master Bodhidharma in the ShaoLin Temple – a memorial stone Carving. The Grand Master was born in the south part of India. He came to China to spread Buddhism in approximately 520 B.C., the time of Northern and Southern Dynasties. He spent 9 years in a cave of the ShaoLin Temple to search the truth of life, and he was the first grand Master of Zen School Teaching of Buddhism. The Book of The Tendon Changing Classic was written by the Grand Master, so is at least 1500 years old. This book and its theory have influenced almost all aspects of chinese martial arts, including health promotion and many kinds of spiritual cultivation. Only Grand Master Bodhidharma had the depth of personal cultivation to come to an understanding on the truth of human life. Also only he who had been with the truth or Dao was able to treat all human beings and all living creatures as his own children, and was able to write down the truth of life.
2) History of the TCC If one attempts research on the history of Chinese martial arts, it is very difficult, because the historical writing includes so much rending, metaphor, even misinformation. But in other sense, it is quite easy, because as one looks through all kinds of martial arts, you will find that all are researching the truth of life. If one would like to research on the essence of life from all that understanding of martial arts, rarely you could find other things new which has been in TCC. Most martial arts which have been proved authentic point out that their sources are from TCC. Even those martial arts that do not claim any relation to TCC, if you look at their essence and secrets, you would find out that they are indeed in TCC. So we can say the TCC laid the foundation for Chinese martial arts theory and principles, from that theory and principles all kinds of Chinese martial arts derived from. As we carefully look through history, that all martial arts are from ShaoLin temple is trustworthy. And we can say that all ShaoLin martial arts are derived from TCC. To those who wish to improve, regardless of whether they practice an external or internal martial art, why not go further to find the sources of that tradition?
- In TCC, several words in the beginning state: “Those who have been transformed to Immortal, have to have two basis, one is peaceful and empty state, the other is to rebuild the body”. It clearly states the reason for and result of the practice. In the section of Marrow washing in TCC, many things talk about how to practice the mind and spirit.
- Almost all the principles and theory are from Taoism, the process of learning TCC is the process of learning the Yin-Yang relationship.
- As Mencius famously said:” I am good at how to cultivate my awe-inspiring Qi!” It Emphasizes on Qi and Blood, which is the essence of the theory of TCC.
Change the Qi and Blood
- Tendon Changing Trainning is the trainning of the Qi and Blood, all the process result in the changing of the qi and Blood, that changing means the basis of life has been changed. Based on the qi and Blood, other aspects of life could be changed through the Qi and Blood.
Change the Tendon and the Bone
- The purpose of the TCC is to change the tendon, the way to change the tendon is the way to change the Bone, it results in whole body changing which was used to be called the way of putting off the old one and changing into a new one. Once one could be whole body changed, then the one would not be infected to be sick by evil influence, or blocked inside by foods, that kind of body used to be called King Kong. The Tendon takes very important role in life, it is the base for life, the foundation of movement, it can high up the spirit, can move the Qi and Blood, so changing tendon is changing life.
Change the body Shape and the Spirit
- The changing of the tendon and bone, as well as the changing of the spirital part which is consist of three as Jing, Qi, and shen, is the changing of the body and spirit. That is the hight level practice.
Change the life of the Practitioner
- TCC is high level wisdom, once one gets the way of TCC, the one gets the hightest level of life, it means that the life of that one is totally changed. One would be lucky enough that one could know the TCC is highest level wisdom, please keep it in mind.
The most important points in The TCC
- The Essence of life is Qi and Blood All the practice bases on the Qi and Blood, all the practice is for imporving the Qi and Blood. If one can improve the Qi and Blood, then all others would naturally be changed.
- The health is based on the tendon, if the tendon of one is strong, then the one is strong, if the tendon of one is weak, then the one is weak. Tendon links the whole body,move the Blood, high up the spirit, lead all movements. Therefor Tendon changing is life changing.
The definition of the Membranes or Mo(which has to be explained)
- Membranes is the basis of tendon, it nourishs the tendon. Only through fullfilling the Membranes, the tendon could be trained and changed. The Membranes is just like the bridge linked that one side is Qi and Blood and the other is tendon and bone.
Yin-Yang releated Theory
- The principle for TCC is the Yin Yang helping each other principle, through using the strong part to train the weak part, and through the inside power to train outside body, the strong part chenges the weak part, inside part and outside help each other, even the body as weak as sofe mud could be changed as strong as iron.